The site of The Guildhall has experienced considerable change since 1333, when an early building hosted Corporation business between the Mayor and Alderman. The building was described as a moot hall, common hall and guildhall and was located at the southern end of Market Place. This building survived until the early 19th century. A second guildhall, at a height of two-storeys was built to the north of the first building during the 1630s. Shortly after 1800, this guildhall was demolished to make way for Queen Street. In 1822, the house of Alderman Jarratt situated on Lowgate, where the east end of today’s Guildhall stands, was bought. It was known as the Mansion House and was used to carry out judicial and administrative business in the City. However, the site and its surroundings were cleaned in 1862, to make way for a new Town Hall. The new Town Hall was designed by Cuthbert Brodrick (the designer of Leeds Town Hall) and was opened in 1866. Shortly after, Kingston upon Hull was granted city status in 1897 and a larger building was sought. Land to the west of the Town Hall was bought as foundations for the present Guildhall which began with law courts, a council chamber and offices and was completed in 1907. The Town Hall was demolished and the east end of the building, front Lowgate, was built during 1913-1916. The name Guildhall was restored. The Guildhall was designed by Sir Edwin Cooper. In 1973 the Guildhall was given Grade II* listed building status. In 2004 a carillon of bells was installed.
Yorkshire Ghost hunts has been given privileged access to investigate this great building and hope to make contact with any afterlife within the building. Hull Guildhall is steeped in history and Yorkshire Ghost Hunts will be investigating not only the third floor below the building, where the old eerie cells are but also the holding cells to the old magistrate court, Council chambers (still used to date) and other superb rooms and chambers within this grand building. This is a night not to miss !!!
Some of the latest technology equipment and traditional equipment and professional guidance is provided on the night, Our guests will be escorted and looked after from start to finish and of course looked after with a grand buffet, drinks and snacks all evening. Do you want to join us and become an investigator or the night?? Then get your ticket now and see inside this great venue.
You can pay securely using your credit card via our handy Paypal facilities, should you require any assistance at all please don’t hesitate to contact us today.If you cancel your event, the deposit is non refundable !!
Terms and Conditions
- We do not allow people under the influence of alcohol, or drugs to participate or attend our events. If you are suspected of being under the influence of any substance, or suspected of carrying alcohol and or illicit substances you will be unable to take part in the investigation. You will be asked to leave, and the will be NO refund offered.
- Due to the nature of the event, NO ONE under the age of 16 is permitted to attend, not even if they are accompanied by a parent/guardian. We make no special exceptions for this.
- If you are 16 or 17 years of age, you need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is 25 years of age or over, to attend our events. This is non-negotiable.
- We ask that we are made aware of any underling health issues you may have, either before you purchase tickets, or before we start the hunt. We need to know if you suffer any long term health issues that you take regular medication for such as asthma, epilepsy, heart problems etc. For your safety your team investigator needs to be aware of the health problem if the worst is to happen and you are taken ill at any point our team will know the best course of action to take. If you do have inhalers or other medication that are used on a regular basis and have to carry around with you, bring it with you and tell your team investigator where to find it in the hopefully unlikely situation that you do fall ill.
- We do not permit expectant mothers to attend any of our events. This is for yours and your unborn child’s safety.
- There is a NO smoking rule in place inside the buildings the investigations are held in. There are designated smoking areas available to you. These will be made known to you.
- We ask that all of our guests are respectful of their surroundings. We want to be able to keep hosting events at the venues. For us to keep doing this we need to leave the location in the same way it was when we arrived.
- We also ask that you are respectful to the spirits that we encounter.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to make any guarantee that during the course of the investigation you will experience any paranormal activity. However, we do ask that you are respectful of the other guests, our team investigators. It is not always possible for the spirits to make contact with us. We at Yorkshire Ghost Hunts do our very best to give you an unforgettable experience.
- If you class yourself as a sceptic we ask that you try to keep an open minded approach when we try and make, contact with the spirit world. Every event we have hosted to date has been different. We can never say what will happen at an investigation. Spirits feed of our energy and surrounding energy so try and remain open minded.
- Do not at any point during the investigation be tempted to shout out anything that is deemed false. If at any point you are found to be doing this, you will be asked to leave. You will not be offered a refund. We do not want to be branded as a fake company ! We have a great reputation, and with your help we can keep it that way.
- Yorkshire Ghost Hunts accepts no responsibility for the loss, theft or damage personal items belonging to the participant’s in our events. Where possible we may offer you a safe room to put your personal items during the investigation. However you still leave your belongings there at your own risk. We do suggest and prefer that you keep your personal items in your vehicle.
- If you choose to take participate in any of the activity’s during the investigation, you do so at your own risk.
- We encourage you to take photos and video’s whilst on the investigation, however please be aware you are giving your consent for this media to be used on our website and it may appear on social media if you then send the images and videos to us.
- We ask that all mobile phones are kept on air-plane mode during the course of the evening. The reasons for this is because they may interfere with our equipment.
- When you book with us we require the deposit to be paid straight away to secure your space, if this is not paid we reserve the right to offer your space to another customer. The balance can be paid in full on the night of the investigation, if it has not been paid in full before.
- If you cannot attend the event for any reason, please do not hesitate to let us know as soon as you can. We will then be able to offer your place to any customers on our reserve list.
- Deposits are non refundable. Full payments are transferrable to another event.
- We reserve the right to cancel events, rearrange events or change the venue at any given time.
WHEN YOU BOOK IN WITH YORKSHIRE GHOST HUNTS YOU AUTOMATICALLY AGREE TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU AT AN EVENT VERY SOON.
On the Night
On the night you can expect to use various equipment such as :
Flir Thermal Camera
And lots more…….
Take part in :
Refreshments and snacks will be provided on the night by YGH and this is to keep your energy up however guests wishing to fetch their own snacks are very welcome. All our team will make you welcome from greeting you on arrival to accompanying you back to your vehicle at the end of the night. If you wish to ask any off our team members a question during the night then please do so. We are here for you !!!
Opening and closing prayers will always be conducted for everyone’s safety and not to allow any entities to attach to the individual. Please join us and come along to one of our events. Call out if you feel comfortable or ask simply if a loved one is there with you. During the night we carry out some time on the Spirit Board (Ouija Board), any guest wishing not to participate do not have to. Just let our team staff know this.
We also suggest that any females that are pregnant not to attend, you enter these events at your own risk although you will be safe with YGH.
If you feel you would like to bring any equipment yourself then this is of course allowed, however YGH will not be held responsible for loss or damage of your equipment. YGH does have equipment also for all guests to use should they feel they would like to.
On the night you are able to purchase items from our group ie; YGH torches, cups, stickers etc….. If you want to order anything from our online shop, this is also possible and we can fetch this to the event (1 weeks notice is minimum required)
Finally YGH wants all our guest to have a great night and should there be any issues then please contact us or mention it to Jayne on the night.